The Sweets are back in town after their six-game road trip and will start at three-game series against Cowlitz tonight. We traveled all night on Tuesday night, leaving Kelowna at midnight and returning to Walla Walla at 8 a.m. on Wednesday morning.
They used the day off to rest up and are looking forward to getting back in front of the home crowd tonight. It will also be nice to get home after going 1-5 on the road trip.
Today also starts a string of 12 games in 12 days, nine coming on the road.
Notes and notables...
Walla Walla- 6-12
- The Sweets snapped an eight-game losing streak on Tuesday and will look to snap Cowlitz's seven-game win streak tonight.
- Walla Walla is 8-5 at Borleske Stadium this summer. They are 4-5 in league play and 4-0 in non-league games.
- W2 lost two-of-three against Cowlitz earlier this month in Longview. The Black Bears won 7-1 and 8-1 and the Sweets were victorious 9-3.
- Alex Stanford hit .391 on the road trip and has hit in 11-straight games at home.
- As a team, the Sweets are hitting .201 at home and .214 on the road. Elliot Stewart and James Campbell are both hitting .294 at home to lead the team.
- Chance Kopacz, .333 (4-12), had the most success against the Black Bears in their first meeting.
- The Black Bears comes to Borleske on a 7-game win streak and are two games behind Corvallis in the West Division standings.
- Kyle Garlick has joined Cowlitz and is hitting. He leads the team with a .315 average and has three doubles, two triples and a home run. He has scored 12 runs. Braxton Miller's 16 walks are a team-high, 8 coming in the three games against the Sweets earlier this summer.
- Garlick currently is riding a seven-game hit streak and has a hit in all but two games this summer.
- High school senior Spencer O'Neil leads the Black Bears with 10 RBI and was drafted by the Yankees in this year's First-Year player draft.
- Cowlitz was swept by Wenatchee but since June 15 have gone 9-2.