By Tristan Hobbes
In order to use this blog to its full effectiveness, I (Tristan Hobbes) am going to use it as a place to post game notes, post-game thoughts, road trip musings and anything else related to the Sweets.
We'll start off our new found drive with a look at tonight's game against the Wenatchee Applesox...
Notes and Notables
- The Sweets and Applesox are beginning a three-game weekend series tonight at Borleske Stadium with first pitch scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
For Walla Walla:
- Walla Walla scored a season-high 10 runs on a season-high 13 hits against Klamath Falls on Thursday.
- Elliot Stewart homered twice and drove in four runs for the Sweets and Chance Kopacz extended his hitting streak to six game and his on-base streak to nine.
- Kopacz is hitting a team-high .353 and has driven in a team-high 8 runs.
- The Sweets are still struggling against lefties, hitting just .203 (30-148). In contrast, W2 is hitting .246 (35-142) against right-handers.
- Walla Walla is off to a 6-2 start at home this season. The Sweets went just 10-15 at home last summer.
- The Sweets have won five of their first nine games, they didn't win their fifth game until June 28 last summer; 16 games into the season.
- The Applesox have won 11-straight games and are the reigning West Coast League champs.
- Applesox pitchers have thrown four shutouts so far and have the 2nd-best ERA in the league at 2.23.
- Wenatchee also leads the league in batting average, hitting .297 as a team.
- Breland Almadova is hitting .452 and Aaron DeGuire .444 with two home runs and eight RBI.
- Friday's starter Mike Murray is 3-0 in four relief appearances and has a 1.04 ERA over 8.2 innings.
- Erik Munzer has a team-high 16 hits and six doubles.
- Brock Gates leads the team with 10 RBI.