The Sweets sure know how to end a homestand. Trailing 4-0 in the sixth against Portland on Tuesday, Walla Walla rallied for single runs in the sixth and seventh and then tied the game with two runs in the eighth. It remained tied until the 11th inning when James Campbell ripped a bases-loaded walk-off single to left-center.
W2 capped their eight-game homestand with a 4-4 record and starts a six-game road trip tonight in Corvallis. The Sweets took to the road at 7:30 a.m. and arrived in Cor-Vegas at 1:30 p.m. today. Tonight's 6:40 p.m. first pitch will start the first game of a three-game series between the Sweets and Knights.
Walla Walla- 5-7
- Walla Walla has dropped three straight WCL games and has yet to win two straight league games.
- On the road, the Sweets are 1-2, losing a three-game series to Cowlitz two weekends ago.
- It is the second meeting of the season between the two teams, the Sweets winning two-of-three to start the season.
- Aaron Hoverson will make his first start this summer after coming out of the bullpen on three different occasions. At Winona St., 9 of his 13 appearances were starts.
- In that three-game series, the Sweets shutout the Knights twice, 8-0 and 1-0.
- Walla Walla dropped two-of-three at Goss Stadium at the end of last season. Overall, the Sweets are 4-5 against the Knights.
- Alex Stanford has hit in six-straight overall, four straight in WCL play. Chance Kopacz has the longest streak of the summer at 7.
- The Knights won four straight games last week but have lost their last two against Wenatchee.
- Corvallis swept Bellingham and then took game one from the Applesox. That win snapped Wenatchee's 14-game win streak.
- Since opening weekend, the Knights have gone 6-5, while the Sweets have gone 3-6.
- Corvallis, known for their slow starts, welcomed their full roster six games ago and is 4-2 in those games.
- Starter Dylan Stuart made 18 appearances this spring for UC-Riverside and is making his debut tonight.
- The Knights play at Goss Stadium, the home field of the Oregon State Beavers.