Walla Walla at Wenatchee: Game 2
- It has been that kind of summer so far for the Sweets. Aaron Hoverson allowed just two hits over eight scoreless innings, handing a 1-0 lead to Ryan Richardson in the ninth.
- For the third time this season, the Sweets were unable to hold a lead in the ninth. And for the second time, it resulted in a loss.
- Zach Wentz was a bright spot for the Sweets, putting together solid two-out at-bats and finishing the night with two hits.
- Kevin Williams also continued to swing a hot bat. He had two more hits and is 5-13 over his last three games after starting 1-17.
- Austin Heaps' infield single in the 12th was his first hit against left-handed pitchers this summer.
- The Sweets spent their morning at the gym in Wenatchee. About two-thirds of the team headed over to Gold's Gym to get in their workouts.
- Ryan Richardson walked his first batter of the summer in the ninth inning.
- Walla Walla is now 2-8 on the road and have fallen 2.5 games behind Bellingham for 2nd place in the East Division.
- Prior to his leadoff double in the third inning, Kalani Brackenridge had gone 1-26 since coming back from a thumb injury. He started the summer 4-10 in league play and 6-15 overall.