Walla Walla vs. Klamath Falls
- The Sweets won their fourth-straight game, the second such streak this summer, with a 8-3 victory over the Gems on Friday night.
- Tim Culligan picked up his fourth win and is now tied for second in the league in that category. Over his last three starts, Culligan has allowed just one run on ten hits over 30 innings. He pitched six scoreless last night allowing one hit and striking out six.
- Walla Walla won just there second game of the summer when they have traveled that day. They defeated Kitsap after traveling from Bellingham two weeks ago and after eight hours on a bus won yesterday.
- The Sweets are 9-5 this summer when games are decided by three runs or more. They are just 7-16 in games decided by three runs or less.
- Although his 13-game hitting streak came to an end last week at home, Andrew Mendenhall has still hit in 12-straight road games. That total is three away from Breland Almadova's league-leading 15-game streak earlier this summer. With that comes a team-leading .339 (19-56) average on the road.
- Jacob Overbay has allowed only three unearned runs over 17.2 innings of relief and features a 1.52 ERA over 7 appearances.
- With his two-run home run last night, Scott Gottschling has driven in 10 runs over his last nine games.
- Once a problem, the Sweets are now hitting .226 against left-handers this summer.
- Zach Wentz walked three times on Friday and is now tied for the team lead with 11. Wentz had walked just twice over his first 19 games but has now walked nine times in his last ten games. His OBP has risen from .295 to .350 in that span.