Walla Walla vs. Bellingham
- Usually 13 hits means a victory. That was not the case for the Sweets on Wednesday as they left 13 runners on base and lost 5-2. It was the second time this year the Sweets had collected 10+ hits and failed to win against Bellingham, dropping a 4-1 decision despite recording 11 hits last Tuesday.
- It was the 10th time this year the Sweets had left 10 men or more on base in a game.
- In their last seven home games, the Sweets are 1-6. They started the summer at 4-2 but have struggled since. They were swept by Wenatchee, lost two-of-three to Cowlitz and lost last night.
- The loss also dropped the Sweets three games behind Bellingham for the final playoff spot in the East. The Bells have won three of the four games so far this summer.
- Alex Stanford became the third Sweet to collect four hits this summer, going 4-4 with a walk. The big night bumped his average back up to a team-leading .310. He also became the first Sweets batter to have 100 at-bats.
- Scott Gottschling is working on a four-game hit streak and has collected eight hits over those four games. The streak has helped raise his average from .174 to .250. Over the last six games, he's 9-23 with three doubles, a home run, six RBI and two runs scored.
- In July, the Sweets have been much better, going 6-6 so far. They have the second best ERA in that stretch at 2.15 and are hitting .250 (3rd best) as a team. Bellingham is 8-3 and has a 1.14 ERA over the same period.
- In games decided by three runs or less, the Sweets are 5-14. In games decided by three runs or more, the Sweets are 7-5.