Walla Walla @ Bellingham
- To say the Sweets have struggled at the plate this summer would be an understatement. Those struggles continued on Wednesday as they collected just four hits and were shutout for the third time in ten games.
- This season, the Sweets have been held to three hits over less over the first five innings on 13 different occasions. They have also been picked off 13 times.
- Another staggering stat is that they have allowed a first inning run in seven of the past ten games.
- Andrew Mendenhall extended his hitting streak to nine games, the longest hitting streak for a Sweet this year.
- Walla Walla is just 3-10 on the road this summer.
- Tonight's starter for Bellingham, Kyle Schepel, helped Grand Valley St. get to the D2 National Championships by going 11-0.
- In the last 10 games, the Sweets are just 3-7 but have received six quality starts (6IP 3R or less) from their starting pitchers.
- Ryan Richardson has allowed just three runs over his last 12 innings but has lost both starts.