Walla Walla at Wenatchee Applesox
- The Sweets complete their nine-game road trip with a single game in Wenatchee. The two teams split the first two games of the series last week; the Sweets winning 5-4 and Wenatchee 2-1.
- Walla Walla has won four straight games and picked up their first series sweep of the summer with yesterday's win over Kitsap.
- In that game, Kevin Williams snared a line drive to start a 6-3 triple play in the third inning that helped the Sweets maintain a 3-2 lead. Williams also had two hits and drove in four runs.
- Brenton Allen hit his first home run of the summer and drove in his first two runs of the summer as well.
- It was the second time this summer that the Sweets had scored 10 runs or more in a game. The first came in a 10-6 win over Klamath Falls.
- W2's offensive upswing has brought them back to the pack in league average. In eighth place and hitting .222, the Sweets are seven percentage points behind fourth place Klamath Falls.
- WW starter Jacob Overbay has not allowed an earned run in 13.2 innings of WCL-play and will be facing Wenatchee for the second time this summer. He tossed 2.2 innings of scoreless, one-hit relief on June 18.
- Wentachee third baseman Adam Nelubowich has a league-leading six home runs and has homered in the last three league games. He homered three times and drove in nine runs in Wenatchee's three-game sweep of Cowlitz last week.