Walla Walla vs. Bellingham
-Continuing a season-long trend, the Sweets picked up just two hits a night after recording 13. They were two-hit and shutout 3-0 by the Bells.
- The win gave Bellingham the season-series with the Sweets with the final game being played tonight.
- So far, the series has played out quite similar to last week's three-gamer. Bellingham won the first game of the both series by three runs, 4-1 and 5-2, with the Sweets leaving over ten men on base, 11 and 13. They also won game two in each series via the shutout, 2-0 and 3-0. Will the Sweets repeat their 3-0 shutout from a week ago??
- Kalani Brackenridge has quietly put together a seven-game hitting streak. The infielder from Hawaii is 9-28 over the stretch after going 1-30 following his return after his thumb injury.
- Walla Walla started the season 5-4 but have gone just 7-16 since. Of those 16 losses, 13 have come by three runs or less.
- Tonight's starter, Tim Culligan, is in search of his fourth victory of the summer. The victory would put him into second place in the league in that category. Over his last two starts, he's given up just one run on nine hits over 15 innings. He picked up his third win with eight scoreless innings against Kitsap last week.
- Bellingham's starter, Adrian Sampson, has been the best pitcher in the league thus far. He's second in strikeouts (50) and first in ERA (0.81). Drafted in the 15th round by the Florida Marlins, Sampson has struck out at least seven in every start this summer.
- He's just 3-2 on the year but in he hasn't allowed a run in four of his six starts. He gave up five runs on five hits in five innings against Bend on July 9.
- Bellingham has also won five straight games on the road this summer after starting 1-8 away from home.