Walla Walla at Cowlitz
- The Walla Walla Sweets have a chance to clinch their first playoff berth in franchise history. If the Sweets win and the Bellingham Bells lose, the Sweets will wrap up second place in the East Division.
- Last night, they got a complete game from Brett Watson and scored all five runs with two outs.
- Watson struck out five and walked two over nine innings and allowed just one run. It was his third victory of the summer and the third complete game for the Sweets this summer. Ryan Richardson had the first two.
- Alex Stanford's fourth-inning single gave him 60 hits on the summer, tops in the league. He's hitting .337, five percentage points behind Breland Almadova of Wenatchee (.342).
- Andrew Mendenhall picked up his 12th double of the summer and RBI's 15 and 16 with a two-run knock in the fourth.
- It is the third time this summer that the Sweets have won game two against the Cowlitz Black Bears. In June, the Sweets won 9-3 but fell 8-1 in game three. In July they won game two and lost 9-0 in game three. They will look to change that trend tonight.
- Watson's gem helped the Sweets drop their team ERA to 2.62, third best in the league.
- Since July, the Sweets are 17-14 and are 11-6 in their second season that began after a sweep at the hands of Bellingham on July 15.
- Tonight's starter, Kyle Anderson, has allowed just one earned run over his last 20.1 innings. In that span he has struck out 16 and walked two. His last outing, he struck out nine over seven innings in a win against Kelowna.