Walla Walla @ Bend
- The Sweets started a crucial six-game road trip last night and fell 8-1 to Bend. The loss was not as tough as it looked thanks to Kitsap's 2-0 win over Bellingham. That kept the Sweets tied with the Bells for the final playoff spot in the East.
- The seven run loss was the biggest loss for the Sweets since their 9-0 defeat to Cowlitz on July 2nd.
- Walla Walla gave up 15 hits on the night and collected just four of their own.
- Kevin Hawk extended his hitting streak to six games with his first extra-base hit of the summer in the fifth inning. He came around to score the only Sweets run.
- Bend has taken three of the first four games between the two teams this summer.
- Ryan Richardson gets the ball tonight on four days rest and is facing Bend for the second straight game. He threw a 122-pitch complete game last Friday. He struck out nine in a 3-2 loss.
- Down the stretch, the Sweets have the tougher road compared to Bellingham. WW plays their final eight games against teams that are over .500, while the Bells face just one team over .500, Wenatchee.