Walla Walla vs. Wenatchee
- There was not much to play for standing-wise on Tuesday night but you wouldn't have been able to tell. In search of momentum, both teams played to win.
- It was a 1-1 game throughout until Chance Kopacz's walk-off double in the bottom of the tenth ended it. It was Kopacz's second walk-off double this summer and his third game-winning hit in the ninth inning or later.
- Alex Stanford also had a special night. His bunt single in the fifth inning established a new WCL record for hits in a single-season. His 65th hit pushed him past Drew Heid (Bend, '08).
- Stanford's .346 average is tops in the league but Payden Cawley-Lamb (.343) and Ryan Barnes (.339) are right behind him and all three are playing tonight.
- Zach Wentz had two more hits last night and has six multi-hit games in the last 10. He has also driven in six runs in that span.
- Derek Peterson had his best outing of summer last night, giving up just one run on seven hits over six innings. He struck out five and left runners on third three different times.
- Eric Yardley also had his best outing of the summer in relief. The right-hander struck out three, including Pat Valaika looking to end the ninth with a runner on third.
- Goose Kallunki has hit safely in four-of-five games since returning from his new injury.
- Left-hander Tyler Billen will start the regular season finale for the Sweets. Billen went 6.2 innings against Cowlitz last Friday in long relief and allowed just one run on three hits.