The Sweets just arrived in Kelowna, B.C., and are getting set to start a four-game series with the Kelowna Falcons. Last time out, the Sweets continued their torrid offensive effort with 23 runs on Sunday night against the Portland Lobos. Walla Walla set team records with 23 runs and 17 hits in the 23-2 victory.
Now some news from around the ballpark:
- The Sweets begin their first and only trip to Kelowna this season on Tuesday night. They will face the Falcons four games, with each game beginning at 6:35 p.m.
- Walla Walla dropped 2-of-3 at Elks Stadium last summer. The Sweets’ only win came in the series finale as they snapped an eight-game losing streak.
- The Sweets enter Tuesday’s game having lost six-straight league games.
-- On Sunday, the Sweets set team records for runs scored (23) and hits (17). Jared Jordan also set a team record with six RBI.
- - It was Jordan’s final game with the Sweets. He also scored four runs and connected on a fifth-inning grand slam. He was a temp player that had to go home to work.
- - Kalani Brackenridge also homered on Sunday. It was his first ever home run.
- - The Sweets welcomed Kris Paulino and Ryan Cooper to the lineup on Sunday. Both arrived on a plane in the afternoon and entered the game in the fifth inning. Each had a pair of hits with Paulino contributing a two-run triple.
- - Sweets fans got their first glimpse at Hunter Virant on Sunday. He tossed a scoreless inning in his first appearance of the summer.
- - Arturo Reyes will start the series-opener on Tuesday. He has allowed just one run over 13 innings this summer. Reyes tossed six scoreless innings in his last start against Corvallis last week.
- Tuesday's contest starts a seven-game road trip for the Sweets that also includes a three-game trip to Kitsap starting on Saturday.