Walla Walla started its second road trip of the season much better than they began the first. The Sweets sent 18 batters to the plate and scored 12 runs in the second inning on their way to 15-12 victory over Kelowna on Tuesday.
Now some notes from around the ballpark:
- The Sweets sent 18 batters to the plate and scored 12 runs in the second inning. Every batter reached in the inning and every batter scored in the inning.
- Brett Jacobs and Alex Bonczyk each drove in three runs in the inning. Chance Kopacz also produced a two-run single.
- Every batter in the lineup scored at least one run and every batter in the lineup had at least one hit. Only two players did not drive in a run.
- Kalani Brackenridge drove in three runs and scored three runs and Kopacz matched him with three runs scored.
- Brett Jacobs had hits in each of his first two at-bats and is now hitting .462 in three league games. He is 6-for-13.
- Kris Paulino reached base safely in all six at-bats last night. He walked four times, picked up two singles and drove in two runs.
- J.J. Robinson and Kopacz each had three hits and Robinson scored his first run of the season.
- Despite giving up eight runs over 6 1/3 innings, Arturo Reyes earned his second win of the season. He struck out just one batter.
- Simon Anderson earned his second save with 2 1/3 innings of relief. He entered with two outs and the bases loaded in the seventh and he got a ground ball to keep the score 12-8.
- In their last three games overall, the Sweets have scored 47 runs.
- Kyle Kingsley will make his third start of the summer on Wednesday night. He is 1-0 with a 3.09 ERA. He has struck out seven and walked just one in 11 2/3 innings. He allowed three runs on seven hits in his last start against Bend on June 11. He struck out five and did not walk a batter.