The Sweets allowed double-digit runs for the fourth consecutive game on Thursday, falling to Kelowna, 14-3. Walla Walla held leads of 2-0 and 3-2 but the Falcons scored the final 12 runs of the game.
Now for some notes from around the ballpark:
- The Sweets have allowed 10 or more runs in each of their last four league games. In that span, the Sweets have allowed 52 runs and gone 1-3.
- In three games against the Falcons, the Sweets have allowed 39 runs on 56 hits. The Falcons are hitting .448 in the series and .340 on the season.
- Walla Walla jumped out to a 2-0 lead on Thursday thanks to a two-run double from J.J. Robinson in the second inning. It was the first two RBI of the season for Robinson.
- Robinson has five hits in the series and has raised his average to .267.
- Kris Paulino reached base safely three times on Thursday and has reached base safely 11 times in just 14 at-bats.
- Nick Vilter picked up an RBI single in the third inning and has collected a hit in all five games he has been with the Sweets.
- After scoring two runs in each of the second and third innings, the Falcons scored four runs in the sixth and six runs in the eighth.
- Hunter Virant will make his first start of the summer tonight against the Falcons. He made a relief appearance on Sunday against the Portland Lobos. Virant was an 11th round pick of the Houston Astros two weeks ago.
- Following tonight's game, the Sweets will head to Kitsap to begin a three-game series with the BlueJackets.