Walla Walla built a 6-3 lead after six innings but Klamath Falls scored eight runs in the top of the seventh to earn its 11-straight win, 12-6, on Saturday.
Now for some notes from around the ballpark:
- The Gems have won 11 consecutive games and 18-of-19 after starting 2-18. Their win, coupled with Bend's loss to Bellingham, gave them sole possession of second place in the West Division.
- The Sweets lost for the third-straight game and are 0-5 against the Gems this year.
- Spencer O'Neil had a big night for the Sweets, picking up three hits and two RBI. He now has 28 RBI on the season.
- The RBIs were his first since July 11 against Cowlitz. He is tied with Elliot Stewart for the most RBI in team history.
- Shane Zeile collected a hit for the seventh consecutive game. His fifth-inning home run made it 6-3. It was his fourth of the summer. He has 14 extra-base hits, the most on the team.
- Alex Bonczyk had two hits from the leadoff spot. He is one shy of reaching the 40-hit mark.
- Kris Paulino also had two hits and worked a bases-loaded walk. He leads the team in walks with 15.
- Tyler Roberts lasted six-plus innings on Saturday, allowing four runs. It was just the second time this year that Roberts had allowed more than two runs in a start.
- As a team, the Sweets are hitting just .261 with men in scoring position. That number drops to .193 with two outs.
- Joe Arlt will start the series finale on Sunday. Arlt allowed two runs over five innings last Sunday against the Gems.