Two separate lengthy delays highlighted Thursday's series finale between the Sweets and the Black Bears. Cowlitz came out on top, 5-2, and won the series, 2-1.
Now for some notes from around the ballpark:
- The Sweets fall to 15-22 on the year with the loss. They are currently seven games out of a playoff spot.
- The Sweets welcome Klamath Falls to Borleske Stadium for a three-game series this weekend. They were swept in Klamath Falls last weekend.
- The Gems are the hottest team in the league, having won 16-of-17 after starting 2-18.
- On Thursday, Shane Zeile had two hits for the second-straight night and also drove in a run.
- Nick Vilter added a sac fly RBI in the first inning to give the Sweets their only lead of the night.
- Zach Brandon fell to 0-4 on the summer, allowing three runs on six hits over three innings.
- Joe Arlt tossed two scoreless innings of relief.
- Garrett Tygerson pitched a scoreless ninth.
- Thursday also featured a 40-minute rain delay before the game started and a 30-minute delay in the bottom of the ninth as the lights went out due to a power surge.
- Matt Imhof will start tonight for the Sweets and will be in search of his first win of the summer. He is 0-3 with a 5.85 ERA.