The Gems jumped out to a 5-0 lead and cruised to a 10-1 victory on Friday night against the Sweets.
Now for some notes from around the ballpark:
- The Gems have now won 17-of-18 and are now 19-19 on the year. They started the season 2-18. They are a half game out of the playoffs in the West Division.
- After winning the first two games against Cowlitz last week, the Sweets have dropped seven-of-eight. They are 15-23 and eight games out of a playoff spot.
- Luke West had his longest outing of the summer on Friday, tossing 4.1 innings. He entered in the third and pitched through the seventh. He allowed three runs on seven hits and struck out six.
- Shane Zeile had two hits for the third-straight game and has hit safely in six consecutive. He collected his eighth double and has now doubled in each of his last four games.
- Beau Fraser picked up the only Sweets RBI with a double in the third inning. It was his first RBI of the season as a Sweet.
- J.J. Robinson made his second appearance on the mound, tossing the final two innings. He allowed two runs on five hits and struck out two.
- Tyler Roberts will start tonight. He is 1-3 with a 3.15 ERA. He has allowed two runs or less in all but one of his starts this summer. He allowed just two runs over seven innings last Saturday against Klamath Falls but found himself on the short end of a 2-0 score.