Walla Walla battled back to tie the game in the sixth inning but Cabe Reiten hit a three-run home run in the top of the eighth inning to send Wenatchee past the Sweets on Thursday. The two teams split the four-game series.
Now for some notes from around the ballpark:
- The Sweets were victimized by an eighth-inning home run for the third time this summer. Austin Barr's grand slam on opening night sent the Sweets to a 6-4 defeat. Steven Halcomb's solo home run in the eighth inning on June 10 broke a 3-3 tie and sent Bend to a 4-3 victory.
- Shane Zeile hit his second home run of the series in the sixth inning on Thursday. It went over Borleske Blue in left field to tie the game.
- Marc Garza picked up three hits for the Sweets on Thursday. It was his first three-hit game of the season.
- Kalani Brackenridge and Alex Bonczyk each extended their hitting streaks to six games.
- Matt Imhof struck out four in two innings and allowed just one hit, the three-run home run.
- Simon Anderson tossed a scoreless ninth, leaving the bases loaded with a 6-4-3 double play.
- The Sweets will now open a three-game non-league series with the Central Oregon Bucks. The Bucks are made up of players that can also play for the Bend Elks.