For the second night in a row, the Sweets were shutout by the Gems. Four Klamath Falls pitchers combined on the shutout.
Now for some notes from around the ballpark:
- The Sweets have lost their last three games and are now 14-19 on the year. The Sweets fell to 7-13 on the road this season.
- Walla Walla has been shutout in back-to-back games for the first time since Aug. 2-3, 2010. They were blanked by the Corvallis and Cowlitz in consecutive games at the beginning of August.
- The Sweets haven't scored since the sixth inning of Thursday's game against Cowlitz.
- Tyler Roberts started for the Sweets on Saturday and allowed two runs on seven hits over seven innings. It matched his longest outing of the season. Of the seven hits, just three reached the outfield.
- The Sweets turned three double plays in the ballgame. Shane Zeile had a hand in two of the three.
- Kalani Brackenridge extended his hitting streak to 10 games with a single in the eighth inning. Brackenridge has raised his average from .197 to .245 during the stretch.
- Luke West pitched a scoreless eighth on Saturday. The right-hander hasn't allowed a run in his last six outings. He's given up runs in just two of his 11 outings on the summer.
- Brett Jacobs collected his team-leading eighth double of the season. He added a single in the ninth as well. He's hitting a team-high .333 on the year.
- Walla Walla struck out 10 more times on Saturday and have struck out 22 times in the first two games of the series.
- The Sweets and Gems are now an even 4-4 in the all-time series.
- Joe Arlt will start the series finale on Sunday for the Sweets. The left-hander hasn't started since June 2 against Corvallis. He allowed five runs on four hits in three innings in a 12-3 loss. Since, Arlt has allowed just two runs over his last nine appearances, spanning 21.1 innings. He hasn't allowed a run in his last 8.1 innings of relief.
- On the season, Arlt is 1-1 with a 2.59 ERA. He has struck out 19 and walked nine in 24.1 innings.