The Sweets rallied to tie the game in the bottom of the eighth inning and then won the game in the bottom of the ninth on a walk-off single to right field. The 5-4 victory is the third this summer over the Applesox and the Sweets first walk-off.
Now for some notes from around the ballpark:
- The walk-off victory for the Sweets is their first of the summer in a league contest. They won on a walk-off wild pitch in non-league contest against the Central Oregon Bucks.
- With the win, the Sweets improve to 17-24 on the season. They are 3-2 against the Applesox this season. They have three contests left against them this season.
- Kris Paulino stole the show on Wednesday, collecting four hits, scoring three runs and driving in the game-winning run in the ninth. He tripled, doubled and collected two singles, finishing a home run shy of the cycle.
- He tripled to start the eighth and then scored the tying run on an Alex Bonczyk sac fly.
- He is now tied with Spencer O'Neil for the team lead in runs scored with 18.
- Beau Fraser scored the winning run and also had three hits. He has six hits in his last two games.
- Tyler Billen started and lasted into the fourth inning. He allowed three runs on three hits.
- Zach Brandon pitched 4.2 innings, allowing one run on six hits. It was one of his best outings of the summer.
- Ben Ruff evened his record at 2-2 by pitching a scoreless ninth inning.
- The Sweets made three errors that led to a pair of unearned runs.
- Arturo Reyes will start tonight. He has allowed one run or less in six of his seven starts this summer. He shutout the Applesox on six hits over seven innings on July 3 in Wenatchee. He walked one and struck out four.
- The Sweets have won seven-of-nine against the Applesox.