Walla Walla lost a 2-1 lead in the bottom of the ninth inning and Bellingam eventually won the game with a walk-off single in the bottom of the 10th on Tuesday night.
Now for some notes from around the ballpark:
- The Sweets fell to 22-30 with the loss and are now 3-3 in extra-inning games this summer.
- Walla Walla made three errors in the game, with the final error playing a key role in the Bells 10th-inning rally.
- Tyler Roberts started for the Sweets and had his best start of the summer. He pitched 8.2 innings, allowing just two runs on five hits. He struck out a season-high seven batters.
- Roberts was one strike away from finishing the complete game but Michael Leach singled to center to tie the game.
- Connor Lawhead relieved Roberts and got out of the ninth but he threw away a bunt in the 10th that eventually led to a two-out walk-off single to left field.
- The Sweets have now lost seven games this season when they have held a lead after seven innings.
- Brett Jacobs extended his hitting streak to eight games with a single in the eighth.
- Kris Paulino had three hits for the Sweets and scored both runs. He has hits in each of his last four games and has three doubles in this series.
- On the season, Paulino has scored a team-high 25 runs. He has tied Alex Stanford ('11) for the most runs scored in a single season in franchise history.
- Spencer O'Neil recorded an RBI single in the first and now has 32 on the season.
- Joe Arlt will start on Wednesday for the Sweets. He allowed one run on eight hits over 7.1 innings last week against the Bells. He is 3-2 with a 2.44 ERA in 51.2 innings.