Walla Walla scored four runs in the top of the seventh to rally past the Bells, 7-6, on Wednesday night at Joe Martin Field.
Now for some notes from around the ballpark:
- The Sweets improved to 23-30 with the victory. They finish their season today against the Bells.
- Doug Ashby earned his first win of the summer in his final appearance last night. He allowed one run on two hits in the sixth inning but benefited from the Sweets' seventh-inning rally.
- Arturo Reyes earned his first save of the summer, tossing a scoreless ninth inning.
- Luke West tossed a perfect seventh and Simon Anderson was perfect in the eighth.
- J.J. Robinson led the offense with two doubles, a run scored and two RBI. He hit a bases-loaded double off the top of the right field wall to drive in the final two runs in the four-run seventh.
- Robinson now has seven doubles on the season.
- Kalani Brackenridge and Spencer O'Neil each had two hits as well. Brackenridge drove in a run and scored a run.
- Kris Paulino scored his 26th run of the season to set a new single-season record for the Sweets, surpassing Alex Stanford's mark of 25 from last summer.
- Alex Bonczyk crossed the plate twice.
- Hunter Virant will start for the Sweets on Thursday. He has allowed two runs or less in every start this summer. The most hits he has allowed in a game this season is five. That came against Bellingham on June 29.