Now for some notes from around the ballpark:
- The Sweets fell to 21-28 with the loss. They are 2-5 against Kelowna this year.
- Cale Coshow tossed eight scoreless innings, allowing six hits, to earn his third victory of the summer. In two starts against the Sweets this summer, Coshow has not allowed a run in 14 innings.
- Garrett Tygerson started for the Sweets and allowed four runs on six hits over five innings. He fell to 0-3.
- Connor Lawhead pitched the final four innings, allowing one run on just two hits. He struck out three and retired the side in order in three of his four innings.
- Brett Jacobs had two hits for the third-straight game. He has hits in each of his last five games and was named the Abajian Toyota/Scion Player of the Week.
- Jacobs is hitting .299 with a team-high 11 doubles.
- The Sweets are now 13-13 at home this season. They have not finished above .500 at home in franchise history.
- J.J. Robinson will make his first start of the summer on Sunday. He has made two relief appearances this summer.
- Ben Ruff has played each of the last two nights with Shane Zeile resting. It is Ruff's first two games at short this summer.