The Sweets found themselves down 6-0 after the first inning and 13-0 after four innings on Monday. They fell to Bellingham, 15-4, in the first game of a season-ending four-game series.
Now for some notes from around the ballpark:
- The Sweets are now 22-29 on the season. The 15 runs allowed are the most the Sweets have given up in a game this season.
- Bellingham has a 3-2 lead in the eight-game series.
- Brett Jacobs had two of the Sweets' 10 hits. He has a seven-game hit streak and has multi-hit games in four of his last five outings.
- Spencer O'Neil had two hits, including an RBI double. It was his second consecutive game with a double and increased his team-record RBI total to 31.
- Kris Paulino collected two doubles and drove in a run on Monday.
- Doug Ashby pitched a scoreless eighth inning.
- Kyle Kingsley pitched six innings of relief, allowing nine runs (two earned).
- Walla Walla made a season-high six errors on the night. They committed five errors in the second, third and fourth innings combined. Those five errors led to seven runs.
- Tyler Roberts will start on Tuesday night. Roberts is 2-4 with a 3.78 ERA on the year. He started against Bellingham last Tuesday, allowing four runs on five hits over five innings. He struck out a season-high six hitters. It was just the third time this summer that he allowed more than two runs in an outing.