Walla Walla scored six runs in the second with the benefit of just one hit on its way to a 7-4 victory over Kelowna on Friday.
Now for some notes from around the ballpark:
- The Sweets improved to 21-27 with the victory. If they win their final six games they will finish .500 for the first time in franchise history.
- Walla Walla is now 2-4 against the Falcons this year. The teams have split the season series in each of the last two years.
- The Sweets improved to 13-12 at home this year.
- Zach Brandon earned his first win of the summer on Friday, allowing one run on three hits over six innings. He walked four, struck out four and hit three batters.
- He now leads the league with 13 hit batters this summer.
- Brett Jacobs had two hits on Friday, including a two-run double in the second. It was his 11th double of the season. He now as 20 RBI and 41 hits.
- Kalani Brackenridge also had two hits, scored a run and drove in a run.
- Beau Fraser scored two runs.
- Matt Imhof will start on Saturday. He struck out nine over 6.1 scoreless innings last Saturday but earned a no decision. He is still searching for his first victory. He has struck out 32 and walked just 11 in 29 innings this summer.