Walla Walla @ Cowlitz
- The Sweets won their fourth game of the summer when trailing after seven innings last night, the most in the West Coast League. The 6-5 win also helped them take a two-game lead over Bellingham in the East Division playoff race.
- WW begins a three-game weekend series with Cowlitz tonight. It will be the third series between the two teams this summer. Cowlitz has taken four of the first six.
- In yesterday's game a pair of Sweets extended hitting streaks. Kevin Hawk extended his to eight games with an RBI single and Zach Wentz has hit safely in seven-straight after a two-hit performance. Wentz has four two-hit games over his last five contests.
- Alex Stanford had three hits for the second-straight night and has six three-hit games this summer. The three hits have him tied with Breland Almadova for the league-lead in hits with 56.
- Goose Kallunki has hit safely in all three games since returning from his injury.
- Since being swept by Bellingham from July 13-15, the Sweets have gone 10-5, erasing a five-game deficit in the standings.
- The Sweets magic number is five which means any combination of Sweets wins and Bells losses will secure a playoff spot for Walla Walla. The Bells start a three-game series in Wenatchee tonight.