Walla Walla vs. Wenatchee
- The Walla Walla Sweets are going to the playoffs for the first time in team history thanks to Kelowna's 4-3 victory over Bellingham.
- Kelowna tied the game in the bottom of the ninth and won the game on a walkoff single in the tenth. The walkoff came as the Sweets were batting with two outs in the bottom of the ninth.
- The celebration was a bit subdued because of the 8-2 loss but the Sweets now have two games to figure out how to beat Wenatchee.
- Wenatchee has won six-of-seven against the Sweets this summer and the two teams will meet again in the East Division Playoff that starts on Friday.
- Alex Stanford is on the cusp of history; he enters the game with 64 hits, tied of the most in WCL history. Drew Heid set the mark in 2008 as a member of the Bend Elks. Rich Sanguinetti of Klamath Falls is also closing in and starts the night with 62 hits.
- Zach Wentz had two hits last night and has five of them over the last ten games.
- WW is 8-9 this summer in the second game of three-game series'.
- Derek Peterson gets the start tonight and has not allowed a run over his last three appearances.