Walla Walla @ Bend
- Sole possession of second place is what the Sweets earned last night with a 6-3 win over Bend. The win and Bellingham's 1-0 loss to Kitsap gave the Sweets a one game lead with seven to play.
- Alex Stanford had three hits, the fifth time this summer he has accomplished that feat.
- Kevin Hawk had two hits, extending his hitting streak to seven games.
- Zach Wentz also had two hits, extending his hitting streak to six games
- The Sweets lead the league with three wins when trailing after seven innings. WW is 3-23 in those scenarios.
- Andrew Mendenhall collected two doubles last night and leads the Sweets with 11 on the summer. Mendenhall has picked up five doubles over his last seven games, the most in that span in the West Coast League.
- Pitching on four days rest, Ryan Richardson pitched six innings and allowed just one run on six hits. The six hits were the second-highest total he's allowed this summer.
- Tim Culligan gets the ball tonight and will also be throwing on four days rest. He threw 93 pitches over six innings against Kelowna. Culligan allowed three runs on five hits and struck out four.