The Sweets dropped the final game of their five-game homestand to Bellingham, 5-1, on Saturday night at Borleske Stadium. Walla Walla went 3-2 on its homestand and begins a four-game series with Wenatchee tonight.
Now some notes from around the ballpark:
- The Sweets jumped out to a 1-0 lead on Saturday but the Bells scored the final five runs.
- J.J. Robinson's double in the second in the put the Sweets on top but the Bells scored four runs in the fifth to take the lead.
- It was Robinson's fourth double of the season and his third RBI of the year.
- Ryan Cooper extended his hitting streak to 10 games with a single in the seventh inning. He has a hit in every game he has played this summer.
- Spencer O'Neil was hit and walked on Saturday and has now reached base safely in 13-straight games.
- Joe Arlt had another strong outing on Saturday, allowing just one run over three innings of relief.
- Following Robinson's double in the second, the Sweets did not record a hit until the seventh inning.
- Walla Walla begins a split four-game series with the Applesox tonight. It is a rematch of last year's East Division Championship.
- The two teams will play tonight and tomorrow in Wenatchee before playing games three and four in Walla Walla on July 4 and 5.
- Walla Walla and Wenatchee will do the same thing at the end of July but in the reverse order.
- Last season, the Sweets went 3-6 against the Applesox. They then swept Wenatchee in the East Division Championship round.
- Zach Brandon will start on the mound for the Sweets tonight. He is 0-2 with a 6.28 ERA in four appearances (three starts). He has struck out 14 and walked just four in 14.1 innings. He has struck out three in each of his last three outings.