Walla Walla vs. Kelowna
- The Sweets have had their fair share of opportunities to catch Bellingham in the playoff race over the last week but have only shaved off two games. The Bells have lost five straight but the Sweets have lost three of their last six.
- Last night, Ryan Richardson threw his 2nd-straight complete game but a solo home run in the seventh won the game for Bend. Richardson struck out nine and allowed just three hits.
- Alex Stanford picked up two more hits and is now three away from 50 on the season. He is second in the league in batting average.
- The Sweets and Falcons met for three games in Kelowna at the end of June and the Falcons took two-of-three.
- Tim Culligan, tonight's starter, is in search of his fifth win of the summer. He has allowed just one run over his last three starts, a span of 24 innings. He has struck out 14.
- He pitched seven innings of one-run ball against Kelowna and earned a no-decision as the Sweets won in extra-innings.
- The Sweets have walked a league-worst 114 times but have been hit 44, second best. Walla Walla has thrown 37 wild pitches, second behind Kelowna's 56.
- The Falcons have walked 208, the most in the league but have struck out 301, the second most.