Walla Walla vs. Portland
- The Sweets completed their first-ever season sweep of a team by winning all six games against the Kitsap BlueJackets. Chance Kopacz completed the sweep with a walk-off double in the bottom of the ninth.
- The Sweets hit .282 and scored 30 runs in six games against Kitsap this summer.
- Kopacz continues to come through in the ninth inning and has now driven in three runs in his last three ninth inning at-bats over the last six games.
- The 2011 West Coast League All-Stars were released today and the Sweets will send six representatives. Brett Watson earned the fan's vote and will be joined by Ryan Richardson, Tim Culligan, Alex Stanford, Elliot Stewart and Andrew Mendenhall.
- The six selections are fourth most in the WCL behind Wenatchee (10), Corvallis (8) and Cowlitz (7).
- Walla Walla plays their final two non-league games the next two days. They have won the previous four over the Portland Stars and Toros.
- Last summer, the Sweets went 3-1 against Portland-based teams.
- Walla Walla is now third in the league with an ERA of 2.69.
- Cory Mack will make his first start of the summer tonight after making five appearances out of the bullpen. He has allowed just one run over his last four appearances and just one in his last eight innings. In total, he has give up just three runs over 11.2 innings.