Walla Walla vs. Portland
- The Sweets lost their first non-league game of the summer last night, 4-2, to Portland. They finish their non-league schedule tonight against the Lobos at 7:05 p.m.
- Sean Santschi threw 2 innings of scoreless relief and has now thrown 3 scoreless innings over his last two outings and has struck out six.
- After tonight's game, WW will play their final 18 games against WCL teams. Nine are at home and nine are on the road. They will play the first three road games this weekend as they travel to Klamath Falls, OR for a weekend series with the Gems.
- The Sweets have three off days over the next week including tomorrow. After Sunday's game in K. Falls, WW has Monday and Tuesday off for the All-Star break.
- Tuesday's All-Star game will be broadcast on 1490 ESPN Walla Walla as well as wallawallasweets.com. Myself and Chris King, the voice of the Wenatchee Applesox will call the game from Corvallis.
- For the second straight non-league series the Sweets will throw two pitchers from the same school. Prior to last night's game, Geoff Soja and Drew Fittry, both from Niagara, started the two-game series against the Stars. With Eric Yardley scheduled to make his first start of the summer tonight, the Sweets will have started two pitchers from Seattle University.
- After tonight, the Sweets will not return to Borleske Stadium until next Wednesday when they host Bend to start a six-game homestand.